AESI is a respected management consulting and engineering firm, serving utilities, municipalities, and government agencies since 1984. With staff from across the utility and critical infrastructure segments, AESI has a full perspective of the challenges being faced by our clients in the changing marketplace. As a result, AESI is recognized by our clients as a preferred partner for supporting and augmenting their engineering, operations, and strategic business needs.
Our mission is to enhance the effectiveness of our clients’ operations and business processes, through the provision of exceptional engineering, technical and management services. We are dedicated to the concept of total system engineering and maintain the highest standards of excellence for every client on every project. As a result, our clients view us as a trusted advisor.
Why Work For AESI?
AESI is not a big conglomerate. From your first day, you are an important member of the team, and your voice counts. We are about our people:
- We offer competitive compensation packages.
- We provide a comprehensive benefits package.
- We are a small organization, and our clients and projects are diverse– the variety of work completed by our staff offers plenty of opportunity for challenge and growth.
- We firmly believe that when you succeed, we succeed, which is why we are steadfast in our support for your continued professional development growth.
- We recognize and support a healthy work/life balance because we know, beyond the office, it is family that we cherish.
AESI seeks to add a Proposal Coordinator to our Milton, ON team. The successful candidate will be a graduate preferably in Marketing/Communications, Business Administration, or related discipline and have experience in proposal coordination/ management and writing. The candidate will be leading all facets of the proposal submission process for professional consulting services.
The Proposal Coordinator will support AESI’s Senior Management Team and Practice Areas by managing the proposal process from beginning to end to ensure that high-quality proposals are developed and delivered in a timely manner. The Proposal Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be to facilitate the proposal process and the creation of compelling response documents, while collaborating with the various AESI teams to develop distinctive value propositions that clearly differentiate AESI. This individual will also participate in content creation, oversee a proposal library, and assist with archiving data that facilitates AESI’s cohesive Business Development effort throughout North America.
Although this position is based out of our Milton, ON office, we have clients across North America, and travel may be required. The successful candidate must be able to obtain a work permit in order to travel and work outside of Canada if necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
Proposal Coordination & Management:
- Manage proposal administration on an opportunity-by-opportunity basis to align with AESI’s business strategies, including proposal writing, coordination, and overall management
- Construct and communicate proposal schedules, roles, and responsibilities to facilitate the proposal process
- Review and analyse Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for proposal requirements, and develop proposal framework to align with RFP and company standards
- Ensure compliance of proposal submission to RFP requirements
- Write non-technical proposal content, and complete editing and proofreading of technical and/or other inputs
- Coordinate and manage the assignment, collection, and organization of proposal content; coordinate and manage proposal inputs from various disciplines, sub-consultants and/or subcontractors
- Initiate proposal kick-off meetings with the AESI team
- Facilitate and participate in proposal reviews
- Develop and maintain proposal input library
- Implement process improvements to the proposal process
- Conduct proposal post-mortem briefings with clients as required
- Development and maintenance of boilerplate and standard proposal templates
- Review Client’s Terms & Conditions (T&Cs), and other legal documents for risk management
- Manage the collection of insurance certificates and other documents required for proposal submission or project award
- Coordinate and support CV development and annual updates for staff and associates
- Create custom CVs for proposals as required
- Final responsibility for preparation, quality, and delivery of proposals
Business Development Support:
- Review bid and tender websites for opportunities for all Practice Areas in Canada and the United States
- Support the firm’s business development activities
- Prepare a monthly sales funnel report with associated analysis
- Manage updates to lead tracker reports
- Support the firm’s lead generation initiatives and campaigns
Tradeshows & Events:
- Coordinate and support the smooth implementation of AESI’s participation at trade shows
- Coordinate and manage the AESI trade show and speaking engagement opportunities calendar (including registration, logistics, staffing, presentation submission, etc.)
- Coordinate and manage corporate networking opportunities related to AESI presence at trade shows and events (meetings and dinners with other attendee clients, prospects, etc.)
- Develop and maintain the tradeshow schedule, briefs, and post-mortems
- Assist with reviewing marketing literature including web pages, social media pages, etc., and prepare drafts as appropriate
- Coordinate and maintain marketing content
- Support the development of presentations
- Assist to ensure compliance with corporate branding for all divisional initiatives
- Suggest suitable promotional materials, support the quotation and ordering process, promote distribution and usage, and monitor inventory
- Implement and coordinate AESI’s digital marketing strategy including Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Coordinate and draft select input for internal communications
- Assist with set-up, updates, and close-out of client proposals and client projects, using AESI’s project management tool(s)
- Assist with set-up, updates, and close-out of internal projects such as marketing campaigns and conferences, using AESI’s project management tool(s)
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education preferably in Marketing/Communications, Business Administration, or related discipline
- 3 – 5 years proposal writing and/or proposal management experience, preferably in a consulting or technical industry; candidates with more experience are encouraged to apply
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote; experience with document formatting in Word
- Advanced skills in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative
- Ability to effectively multitask to deliver work under impending deadlines with changing priorities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical and documentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass a criminal, cross-identity, and financial security clearance check
- Must be able to work in Canada, the United States, and internationally
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment with minimal physical effort required; remote work schedule may be implemented temporarily due to COVID-19
- AESI is committed to providing a safe work environment by implementing measures to prevent the risk and spread of COVID-19, in compliance with the requirements under the Occupational Health & Safety Act and public health directives issued by the Chief Medical Officer and other governing authorities. The health & safety of our employees, clients, and the public remains our top priority.
AESI is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, AESI will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.