AESI, a respected management consulting and engineering firm, has served utilities, municipalities, and government agencies since 1984. With staff from across the utility and critical infrastructure segments, AESI has a full perspective of the challenges being faced by our clients in the changing marketplace. As a result, AESI is recognized by our clients as a preferred partner for supporting and augmenting their engineering, operations, and strategic business needs.
Our mission is to enhance the effectiveness of our clients’ operations and business processes, through the provision of exceptional engineering, technical and management services. We are dedicated to the concept of total system engineering and maintain the highest standards of excellence for every client on every project. As a result, our clients view us as a trusted advisor.
Why Work For AESI?
AESI is not a big conglomerate. From your first day, you are an important member of the team, and your voice counts. We are about our people:
- We offer competitive compensation packages
- We provide a comprehensive benefits package
- We are a small organization and our clients and projects are diverse, the variety of work completed by our staff offers plenty of opportunity for challenge and growth
- We firmly believe that when you succeed, we succeed, which is why we are steadfast in our support for your continued professional development growth
- We recognize and support a healthy work/life balance because we know, beyond the office, it is family that we cherish
AESI seeks to add a Proposal/Marketing Coordinator to our Milton, ON team. The successful candidate will be a graduate preferably in Marketing/Communications, Business Administration, or a similar discipline.
The Business Development & Marketing Administrator will support AESI’s Practice Areas by coordinating and managing the proposal process from beginning to end to ensure that high-quality proposals are developed and delivered in a timely manner. This person will also support and grow AESI’s business development and marketing initiatives.
Although this position is based out of our Milton, ON office, we have clients across North America, and travel may be required. The successful candidate must be able to obtain a work permit in order to travel and work outside of Canada if necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
Proposal Writing & Coordination:
- Manage overall proposal administration on an opportunity-by-opportunity basis aligning with AESI’s business strategies
- Construct and communicate proposal schedule, roles, and responsibilities to facilitate the proposal process
- Review and analyse Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for proposal requirements and develop proposal framework to align with RFP and company standards
- Ensure compliance of proposal submission to RFP requirements
- Write non-technical proposal content and complete editing and proofreading of technical and/or other inputs
- Coordinate assignment, collection, and organization of proposal content; coordinate and manage proposal inputs from various disciplines, sub-consultants and/or subcontractors
- Initiate proposal kick-off meetings with the AESI team
- Facilitate and participate in proposal reviews
- Coordinate and manage preparation, quality, and delivery of proposals
- Develop and maintain proposal input library
- Implement process improvements to the proposal process
- Conduct proposal post-mortem briefings with clients as required
Business Development Support:
- Review bid and tender websites for opportunities for all Practice Areas in Canada and the United States
- Support the firm’s business development activities
- Prepare a monthly sales funnel report with associated analysis
- Support the firm’s lead generation initiatives and campaigns
Tradeshows & Events:
- Coordinate and support the smooth implementation of AESI’s participation at trade shows
- Coordinate and manage the AESI trade show and speaking engagement opportunities calendar (including registration, logistics, staffing, presentation submission, etc.)
- Coordinate and manage corporate networking opportunities related to AESI presence at trade shows and events (meetings and dinners with other attendee clients, prospects, etc.)
- Develop and maintain the tradeshow schedule, briefs, and post-mortems
- Assist with reviewing marketing literature including web pages, social media pages, etc.; and prepare drafts as appropriate
- Coordinate and maintain content calendar
- Support the development of presentations
- Assist to ensure compliance with corporate branding for all divisional initiatives
- Suggest suitable promotional materials, support the quotation and ordering process, promote distribution and usage, and monitor inventory
- Implement and coordinate AESI’s digital marketing strategy including Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Coordinate and draft select input for internal communications
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education preferably in Marketing/Communications, Business Administration or related discipline
- 3 – 5 years marketing/proposal experience, preferably in a technical industry; candidates with more experience are encouraged to apply
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with document formatting in Word
- Advanced skills in writing, editing and proofreading
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative
- Ability to effectively multitask to deliver work under impending deadlines with changing priorities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical and documentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass a criminal, cross-identity, and financial security clearance check
- Must be able to work in Canada, the United States and internationally
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment with minimal physical effort required; remote work schedule may be implemented temporarily due to COVID-19
- AESI is committed to providing a safe work environment by implementing measures to prevent the risk and spread of COVID-19, in compliance with the requirements under the Occupational Health & Safety Act and public health directives issued by the Chief Medical Officer and other governing authorities. The health & safety of our employees, clients, and the public remains our top priority.
If this position interests you, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Proposal & Marketing Coordinator in the subject line. Applicants that do not follow this process will not be considered. If you have previously applied to AESI for this position, please do not reapply.
Please note that although all candidates will be considered, only those who meet the requirements for this position will be contacted.
AESI is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, AESI will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.