AESI can custom develop a training program to meet your specific needs, whether it be general NERC training, SME training, RSAW training or audit preparation coaching.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) Training
AESI offers a series of instructional workshops to educate client’s SME staff about the NERC Standards/Requirements, any applicable Regional Standards specific to the organization, and training on how to fulfill the responsibilities under each obligation.
The workshop series begin with the basics and then build with logical, sequential lessons. Each workshop is independent of another so if delivered out of sequence or individually as a refresher, the training can stand alone.
The training is very thorough; typical topics are covered on a per Standard/Requirement basis:
- Identify the Standard/Requirement and Purpose and review the requirement interpretation
- Identify any applicable Regional Requirements and review the impact, if any
- Identify impact and roles & responsibilities on staff
- Review corresponding compliance supporting documentation and any external agreements
- Present examples of specific applicable scenarios that can occur, and review the compliance impact and actions to be taken
- Identify the evidence to be captured, how and who is responsible
- Data Retention & repository
AESI conducts training on how to prepare the Reliability Standards Audit Worksheets (RSAWs), (required for Regional audits). This supports the SMEs in preparation and/or to participate in preparation of RSAWs if called upon. We coach on the best practices for the language, details, and style for completing RSAW narratives to help ensure a quick and smooth audit process.
The RSAW training covers:
- RSAW Structure
- SME details – Individual to be interviewed
- Reliability Standard Language
- Supporting documentation / evidence per requirement
- Compliance Assessment Approach Section
- RSAW Responses (Narrative) Guidelines
- RSAW Sample Responses for a number of Standards/Requirements
Employee Education, Training and Documentation
AESI can tailor an employee education and training program, with instruction based upon applicable standards:
- General Overview of NERC, Regional and local Market Standards
- Applicability of specific registered entities
- General responsibility of entity to NERC
- The overall Compliance Program
- Detailed Review of the NERC Reliability Standards Applicable to member(s)
- Meaning of specific terms
Cyber Security (CIP) Training
A key component of the NERC cyber security standards is to ensure that all personnel have appropriate levels of training and security awareness. AESI provides annual classroom cyber security training for personnel requiring authorized electronic and/or unescorted physical access to critical cyber assets.
As well, AESI provides access to an on-line training application, enabling new personnel requiring authorized electronic and/or unescorted physical access to critical cyber assets to receive required cyber security training when required.
AESI Cyber Security Training courses are NERC approved and certified, and contribute to NERC Continuing Education Hours (CEH) credits.